Drolet Escape 1500 Wood Stove DB03135
Please allow 1-3 Business Days for order handling.
Please allow 5-10 Business Days For Delivery. Freight Orders Include FREE Delivery Appointment.
Not Quite Ready to Get Your Product Delivered? Want to take advantage of a current sale but not ready to receive an item? No Problem! All orders receive special attention and we can hold items for as long as you need!
Please Contact Us for more details!
Drolet Escape 1500 Wood Stove DB03135
Combining performance and respect for the environment, the Escape 1500 is the perfect choice for heating homes up to 1,800 ft². With only 1.26 g/h of particulate emissions, this non-catalytic wood stove gives off up to 65,000 BTU/h while largely meeting EPA standards. The unit is equipped with side panels which helps reduce clearances to combustible materials and a top heat exchanger which redirects heat to the front of the unit.
Included: pedestal with ash drawer, airmate, ceramic glass, side panels, ash lip, air damper
- Burn time up to 6 hours
- Up to 18'' logs
- 1.9 ft³ firebox
- Heavy duty 5/16'' steel top
- EPA certified
- Proudly made in Canada
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Certified for mobile home and alcove installation
- Weight : 332 lbs
|Maximum burn time (9)||6 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (4)||65,000 BTU/h (19 kW)|
|Minimum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||15,650 BTU/h (4.6 kW)|
|Maximum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||23,300 BTU/h (6.83 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV) (5) (6)||70 %|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV) (5) (7)||75 %|
|Optimum efficiency (1) (2)||78 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency (8)||74 %|
|Average particulate emission rate (3)||1.26 g/h|
|Average CO (10)||58 g/h|
|Alcove installation approved||Yes|
|Mobile home approved||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||Optional|
|Certified according to applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to back unit||7 1/2"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to side unit||12 1/2"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height||12'|
|Overall dimension (Width)||24 7/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||24 1/2"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||29 7/8"|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||17 1/4"|
|Door opening size (Height)||8"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||15 3/4" x 9 3/4"|
|Firebox size (Width)||19 5/8"|
|Firebox size (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||13 1/2"|
|Maximum log length||18"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks||Yes|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Shipping weight||332 lb (151 kg)|
Clearance To Combustibles
|Size||Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe||Single wall pipe||
Double wall pipe
|Clearance - Back wall||14 1/2"||6"||13"||6"|
|Clearance - Side wall||10"||10"||10"||10"|
|Clearance - Corner||12"||6"||12"||6"|
|Clearance - Base of the unit to ceiling**||84"||84"||84"||84"|
The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
- Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
- Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
- This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
- The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
- As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
- Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
- Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
- The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the solid fuels into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
- Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
Let customers speak for us158 reviews
Silkroad Exclusive 72" Double Vanity with Ivory Ceramic Undermount Sinks HYP-0722-T-UIC-72
Love this stove. Just bought a hopper extension for it. Extra 10 hours.
Glen and his team are great to work with. You will be satisfied with there service.
Honestly, we never thought our drafty old house (emphasis on old) could be warm in the winter, but ComfortBilt is proving us wrong. This is the second ComfortBilt stove we bought, one is in our living room, this one went in the basement, and the change of temperature in our house is impossible to describe. This is the first time since we moved in that I can walk around the kitchen (the coldest room in the house as it faces north) in a pair of socks without my feet freezing. From now on, these are the only stoves we will ever invest any money in. They have quite literally been life changing.
Set up my HP22i a few days after I received it. There was some shipping damage to the screen panel which was taken care of very quickly. I received a new screen panel within about a week. The stove works very well and puts out a pretty good amount of heat, the blower is not really that noticeable. I am still working on testing the various modes. On manual lowest setting, I burn a bag of pellets in about 12 hrs. I have not yet experimented with other modes so we will see. I like the look of the stove and it seems to be nicely constructed. It exhausts properly and I get no noticeable smoke or odor from the burning of the pellets in the house which is nice compared to my old pellet insert.
I have only burned this stove for a couple of days but so far it has worked great. It looks good and works well I'm happy.